Open Ports for Roblox
Roblox is a massively multiplayer game system where players are able to create their own world and invite their friends to share in the fun.
Sometimes when launching a Roblox game the system times out or fails to connect. Make sure that you have an open port in your router to prevent this problem from happening. We'll show you how.
How to Port Forward Roblox
When you are playing Roblox you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the easiest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Roblox Require
The required incoming ports for Roblox are as follows:
Roblox - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Roblox - PC
- UDP: 49152-65535
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Roblox simply follow one of these links:
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.