Overwatch 2 includes the following styles of gameplay.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
How to Port Forward Overwatch 2
When you are playing Overwatch 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Overwatch 2
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for Overwatch 2 are as follows:
Overwatch 2 - PC
- TCP: 1119, 3724, 6113
- UDP: 3478-3479, 5060, 5062, 6250, 12000-64000
Overwatch 2 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1119, 1935, 3478-3480, 3724, 6113
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 5060, 5062, 6250, 12000-64000
Overwatch 2 - Switch
- TCP: 1119, 3724, 6113, 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900-29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Overwatch 2 - Xbox One
- TCP: 1119, 3074, 3724, 6113
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3478-3479, 3544, 4500, 5060, 5062, 6250, 12000-64000
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Overwatch 2 simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.