Forwarding Ports in Your Router for Among the Sleep
Among the Sleep has the following genres of gameplay.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
- In a survival game you simply need to stay alive. Some have waves of enemies that get harder with each wave. Many are horror based, supernatural, or post-apocalyptic. They generally focus on conserving resources such as ammo and health, and sometimes employ elements of stealth.
- In a stealth style game you use hiding, disguises, muffled clothing, and shadows to overcome antagonists. Sometimes in a stealth style of game you get the choice of taking the quiet approach or the direct approach of attacking the enemy. Stealth games frequently feature a strong strategy component as well.
Forward Ports for Among the Sleep
When you are playing Among the Sleep you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Among the Sleep Require
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Among the Sleep are as follows:
Among the Sleep - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Among the Sleep yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Among the Sleep - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Among the Sleep - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Among the Sleep - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Among the Sleep - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Among the Sleep that will show you the incoming ports.
- Among the Sleep - Playstation 4
- Among the Sleep - Steam
- Among the Sleep - Switch
- Among the Sleep - Xbox One
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.