Forwarding Ports in a Arris SBR-AC3200P Router
Your Arris SBR-AC3200P has a firewall. This firewall helps to protect your home network from unwanted access from the Internet. When you need some of these blocked connections opened for a game or application, you need to open a port which is frequently called a port forward.
In this guide we will be showing you how to port forward on the Arris SBR-AC3200P router. We will be showing step by step how to:
- Setup a static IP address on the device you are forwarding these ports to.
- Login to the Arris SBR-AC3200P router.
- Find the port forwarding section of the router.
- Create a port forward entry.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
- → Download Network Utilities today!
- Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
In this step we will walk you through how to login to the Arris SBR-AC3200P router. To do this you need to understand that your router uses a web interface. To access a web interface you need to use a web browser. It really shouldn't matter which browser you decide to use, simply pick your favorite. Some common options are Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari.
Once you have picked a web browser, open it up and find the address bar. This is typically at the top of the page like this:
In the image above we have circled the location of the address bar for you. All you need to do is put the router's IP address in the address bar. Don't forget the router's IP address is also sometimes called the Default Gateway.
If you have ever changed the router's IP address or Default Gateway you need to figure out what you changed it to. To do this follow the instructions on our How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
By default the router's IP address is: 192.168.0.1
After entering the correct IP address into the address bar, simply click the Enter key on your keyboard. If everything went as it should have you will see this page:
On this login page, enter the username and password to access the router's web interface.
- The Default Arris SBR-AC3200P Router Username is: admin
- The Default Arris SBR-AC3200P Router Password is: password
If you have changed the username and password for the Arris SBR-AC3200P router then make sure you use that username and password instead of the ones above.
If you find yourself stuck here, don't panic, there are several things you can try:
- First of all, we recommend trying other common Arris usernames and passwords. If you have a slightly different firmware version then you could have a different username and password as well. Here is our list of Default Arris Router Passwords you can try.
- If that did not get you logged in, then it is because you changed the username and password (probably when you initially setup the router). How about giving it a few guesses. To help you with this we have a Find Password App. It automates the process of guessing thousands of different combinations for you. Learn all about it on our Router Password Cracker page.
- If after both of the above options you still cannot login to the Arris SBR-AC3200P router, then it may be time to begin considering a factory reset. This type of reset erases all your personal settings including the username and password. Do not attempt a reset without exhausting your other troubleshooting options first. Learn the basics of resetting a router in our How to Reset a Router guide.
It is now time to find the port forwarding section of the router. To do this we start on the Home page:
Click the ADVANCED option at the top of the page.
This opens a sub-menu. Pick Port Forwarding from this new menu.
Now, press the Create IPv4 button near the top of the page in the center section.
This is the correct page to be on in order to create a port forward.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
TCP Ports: 3074 UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Try entering 192.168.0.1 into the External IP Address box. The numbers 192.168.0.1 stand for any assigned IP address. When you enter that number it means whatever external IP address has been assigned to my router. If that does not work you have to enter your external IP address manually. This may be a problem because your external IP address can change. When it changes these ports will not be forwarded properly.
You need to enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to in the Local IP Address box. It's possible for this to be either the IP address of your computer or any other IP address on your network that you want ports forwarded to.
If you are forwarding a range of ports then you need to enter the lowest number of the range into the External Start Port and Local Start Port boxes and the highest number of the range into the External End Port and Local End Port boxes. If you are only forwarding a single port then you can enter that same port number into the External Start Port, External End Port, Local Start Port and Local End Port boxes.
You need to name this entry in the Description box. The name does not make any difference in the forward; it's just there so that you can remember later why you setup this forward.
The protocol that you want to forward is selected from the Protocol box.
Use the Enabled dropdown box to pick On.
After you are done click the Apply button.
Don't Forget to Test Your Ports
In order to do this we recommend using our Open Port Checker tool. It is part of our FREE trial version of our Network Utilities. Our port checker is one of the only ones online that doesn't make assumptions about what applications you have on your device. We use a local application to test if the ports are listening or not. This give you a guaranteed result about whether the ports are open or not.
Did we help get your ports forwarded for the Arris SBR-AC3200P router? If you still are having trouble please check out our forum. We are more than happy to get your port forwarding question answered.
If you are looking for more guides on this site check out this link.
Guides about setting up your router can be found on our sister site setuprouter.com.