Assassin's Creed III offers the following styles of play.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
- In a stealth style game you use hiding, disguises, muffled clothing, and shadows to overcome antagonists. Sometimes in a stealth style of game you get the choice of taking the quiet approach or the direct approach of attacking the enemy. Stealth games frequently feature a strong strategy component as well.
Port Forward Assassin's Creed III
When you are playing Assassin's Creed III you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to navigate to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Assassin's Creed III
The network ports that need to be forwarded for Assassin's Creed III are as follows:
Assassin's Creed III - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Assassin's Creed III - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Assassin's Creed III - PC
- TCP: 13000, 13005, 13200, 14000-14001, 14008
- UDP: 3074
Assassin's Creed III - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Assassin's Creed III - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Assassin's Creed III - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Assassin's Creed III that will show you the required incoming ports.
- Assassin's Creed III - Xbox 360
- Assassin's Creed III - Playstation 3
- Assassin's Creed III - PC
- Assassin's Creed III - Playstation 4
- Assassin's Creed III - Switch
- Assassin's Creed III - Xbox One
That's all it takes to forward your ports. Have more games that need a boost? Check out our growing list of games and applications.