How to Port Forward Final Fantasy XIV
Final Fantasy XIV: Online includes the following styles of gameplay.
- An MMO game is a Massively Multiplayer Online game where 1000's of players play in the same game world at the same time. They are frequently fantasy based like World of Warcraft, but they can also be sci-fi like Star Citizen. MMO's have a strong focus on character development and loot collection.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
Port Forward Final Fantasy XIV: Online
When you are playing Final Fantasy XIV: Online you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Final Fantasy XIV: Online Require
The incoming connection ports that need to be forwarded for Final Fantasy XIV: Online are as follows:
Final Fantasy XIV: Online - PC
- TCP: 54992-54994,55006-55007,55021-55040,55296-55551
- UDP: 55296-55551
Final Fantasy XIV: Online - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480,54992-54994,55006-55007,55021-55040,55296-55551
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,55296-55551
Final Fantasy XIV: Online - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080,54992-54994,55006-55007,55021-55040,55296-55551
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658,55296-55551
We have guides that are custom tailored for Final Fantasy XIV: Online that will show you the specific ports.
- Final Fantasy XIV: Online - PC
- Final Fantasy XIV: Online - Playstation 4
- Final Fantasy XIV: Online - Playstation 3
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.