How to Port Forward Avatar
James Cameron's Avatar: The Game includes the following styles of gameplay.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
- Third person games have the game camera behind the players shoulder. You generally see the main characters back, shoulders, and head. Popular games that are in the 3rd person are Tomb Raider, Assassins Creed, and Gears of War.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
Port Forward James Cameron's Avatar: The Game
When you are playing James Cameron's Avatar: The Game you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to click the links to get to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for James Cameron's Avatar: The Game
The required incoming ports that need to be forwarded for James Cameron's Avatar: The Game are as follows:
James Cameron's Avatar: The Game - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
James Cameron's Avatar: The Game - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for James Cameron's Avatar: The Game yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
James Cameron's Avatar: The Game - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
James Cameron's Avatar: The Game - Wii
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and James Cameron's Avatar: The Game simply follow one of these links:
- James Cameron's Avatar: The Game - Xbox 360
- James Cameron's Avatar: The Game - Playstation 3
- James Cameron's Avatar: The Game - Wii
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.