Port Forwarding on Your Router for BattleBlock Theater
When you play BattleBlock Theater you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- A 2D game features flat graphics and are usually either side view or top down view. Side view 2D games are sometimes also called "platform" style games because they main objective is to travel from one platform to another.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- Platform games are usually action games that require the player to hop from one platform to another, usually in some sort of acrobatic way. They are good for people with fast reflexes. They can come in short and long story varieties. Typical platform games are Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
Forward Ports for BattleBlock Theater
When you are playing BattleBlock Theater you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the easiest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does BattleBlock Theater Require
The specific ports for BattleBlock Theater are as follows:
BattleBlock Theater - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
BattleBlock Theater - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
We have guides that are custom tailored for BattleBlock Theater that will show you the incoming ports that need to be forwarded.
When you are done following those steps your ports will be open. Do you need more games or programs forwarded? Check out our games and programs list.