Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for BeamDog Client:
BeamDog Client - PC
- TCP: 5672, 6969, 49152
- UDP: 5672, 6969, 49152
Set Up a Port Forward for BeamDog Client
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use BeamDog Client. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to BeamDog Client.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Forward Ports for BeamDog Client
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for BeamDog Client in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for BeamDog Client:
List of Routers - Customized for BeamDog Client
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for BeamDog Client.