The following ports need to be forwarded for Bell South Home Monitoring System:
Bell South Home Monitoring System - PC
- TCP: 2047
Forward Ports for Bell South Home Monitoring System
When you use Bell South Home Monitoring System you might need to forward some ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to Bell South Home Monitoring System.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for Bell South Home Monitoring System
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for Bell South Home Monitoring System in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Bell South Home Monitoring System:
List of Routers - Customized for Bell South Home Monitoring System
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Bell South Home Monitoring System.