The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Beyond Remote are:
Beyond Remote - PC
- TCP: 5424, 5425
- UDP: 5424, 5425
Setting Up a Port Forward for Beyond Remote
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use Beyond Remote. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to Beyond Remote.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for Beyond Remote
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for Beyond Remote in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Beyond Remote:
List of Routers - Customized for Beyond Remote
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for Beyond Remote.