The following ports need to be forwarded for Blue Iris:
Blue Iris - PC
- TCP: 80-81
Setting Up a Port Forward for Blue Iris
When you use Blue Iris you may need to forward ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to Blue Iris.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your computer's IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Forward Ports for Blue Iris
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for Blue Iris in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Blue Iris:
List of Routers - Customized for Blue Iris
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Blue Iris.