Forwarding Ports in Your Router for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
When you play Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
Port Forward Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
When you are playing Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to forward a port is to use our Network Utilities suite of tools. With our software you can quickly and easily turn your port forwards on and off for multiple programs at any time. Or just keep reading to learn how to do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare are as follows:
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - PC
- TCP: 27014-27050
- UDP: 3478,4379-4380,27000-27031,27036
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3076,3544,4500
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658,5223
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare simply follow one of these links:
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - PC
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Xbox One
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Playstation 4
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Xbox 360
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Playstation 3
That's all it takes to forward your ports. Have more games that need a boost? Check out our growing list of games and applications.