How to Port Forward Call of Duty: Black Ops II in Your Router
Call of Duty: Black Ops II has the following styles of gameplay.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
Forward Ports for Call of Duty: Black Ops II
When you are playing Call of Duty: Black Ops II you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Our Network Utilities software makes port forwarding a breeze. You can be done in just a few minutes.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Call of Duty: Black Ops II
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Call of Duty: Black Ops II are as follows:
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074-3075
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658,5223
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - PC
- TCP: 3074,27014-27050
- UDP: 3074,3478,4379-4380,27000-27031,27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Call of Duty: Black Ops II simply follow one of these links:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Xbox 360
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Playstation 3
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II - PC
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.