Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered offers the following styles of gameplay.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
Port Forward Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
When you are playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Require
The ports that need to be forwarded for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered are as follows:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered - PC
- TCP: 3074,27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 3074,4380,27000-27036
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3076,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered that will show you the connection ports.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered - Playstation 4
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered - PC
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered - Xbox One
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.