How to Port Forward in Your Router for Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is Nintendo's Simulation game released in 2020.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a simulation game. In a simulation game the main goal is to simulate a real life situation either for entertainment or education. There are many different types of simulation games such as flying, sports, driving, and farming. One of the earliest simulation games was SimCity which is considered a social simulation game.
Forward Ports for Animal Crossing: New Horizons
When you are playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Animal Crossing: New Horizons Require
The necessary ports for Animal Crossing: New Horizons are as follows:
Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
We have guides that are custom tailored for Animal Crossing: New Horizons that will show you the specific incoming ports.
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.