The following ports need to be forwarded for Canasis Canasta:
Canasis Canasta - PC
- TCP: 23732-23733
Setting Up a Port Forward for Canasis Canasta
When you use Canasis Canasta you may need to forward ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to Canasis Canasta.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for Canasis Canasta
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Canasis Canasta in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Canasis Canasta:
List of Routers - Customized for Canasis Canasta
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Canasis Canasta.