How to Open a Port in Your Router for Child of Light
Child of Light includes the following styles of play.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- Platform games are usually action games that require the player to hop from one platform to another, usually in some sort of acrobatic way. They are good for people with fast reflexes. They can come in short and long story varieties. Typical platform games are Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
How to Port Forward Child of Light
When you are playing Child of Light you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Our Network Utilities software makes port forwarding a breeze. You can be done in just a few minutes.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Child of Light Require
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for Child of Light are as follows:
Child of Light - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Child of Light yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Child of Light - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Child of Light - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Child of Light - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Child of Light - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Child of Light - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Child of Light that will show you the network ports.
- Child of Light - Playstation 3
- Child of Light - Playstation 4
- Child of Light - Switch
- Child of Light - Xbox 360
- Child of Light - Xbox One
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.