Your Cisco EPC3925 includes a pretty basic firewall that helps protect your local network from unwanted Internet access. The firewall does this by actively blocking all incoming and outgoing Internet connections unless you specify otherwise. Some online games and applications work much better if additional connections are allowed through the firewall. In order to allow more connections through the firewall you need to create a port forward.
In this guide we will walk you through each of the steps involved in forwarding ports on the Cisco EPC3925 router. These steps include:
- Setting up a static IP address on device you plan on forwarding ports to.
- Logging into the Cisco EPC3925 router.
- Finding the port forwarding section in the router interface.
- Entering the port forward information on the port forwarding page.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you. Download Network Utilities today!
- Or, follow our Static IP Address Setup guides.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
TIP: I recommend writing the Static IP address down, you need it in Step 4.
It is time to login to the Cisco EPC3925 router. To login to the router you need to use a web browser. It should not matter what browser you decide to use, simply pick your favorite. Some common options are Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox.
Open up the browser you picked and find the address bar. This should be at the top of the page like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Cisco EPC3925 IP Address is: 192.168.0.1
After entering the IP address into the address bar, click the Enter key. If everything went as it should have you will see an authentication window or box like this:
If you are not shown the above screen, something went wrong. At this point you need to find out what the router's IP address was changed to. In order to do this follow the instructions on our How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
Your goal is to see a screen that prompts you for a username and password.
- The Default Cisco EPC3925 Router Username is: admin
- The Default Cisco EPC3925 Router Password is: password
Of course if you have changed the username and password the above values will not work. Enter the username and password for your router and press the Log In button.
Cisco Usernames and Passwords
This is a very common place to get stuck. Here are a few things you can try:
- We first recommend trying other Cisco username/password combinations. It is possible you have a different version than this. Different versions sometimes have different passwords. Here is our list of Default Cisco Router Passwords
- The most common reason a password won't work is because you have changed it in the past. You can do a couple things here: First, you can try guessing what you changed it to. Second you can use our Router Password Cracker to do the guessing for you. This handy tool really does make owning a router a lot easier.
- The last thing you can try is a factory reset. Do not attempt a factory reset unless you have exhausted all your other troubleshooting options. To learn the basics of a reset read this How to Reset a Router page.
Now that you are logged into the Cisco EPC3925 router it is time to find the port forwarding section. To help you with that we start on the Home page.
On this page click the Applications & Gaming option at the top of the page.
Under that there are more choices. Pick the one titled Port Range Forwarding.
You should now be on the correct page to make a port forward entry.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
If you are just forwarding a single port number then you can simply enter that same number into both the Start Port and the End Port boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports, usually separated by a hyphen, then you need to enter the lowest number of that range into the Start Port box and then enter highest number into the End Port box.
Select the required protocol for these ports from the Protocol dropdown box.
Enter the IP address of the device that you want to forward ports to into the To IP Address box. This can be either the IP address of your computer or the IP address of another device on your network.
In the Enable checkbox put a checkmark.
When you are finished, click the Save Settings button at the bottom of the page.
Testing the Port Forward
In order to quickly find out if the port forward you just completed on the Cisco EPC3925 router went through correctly we recommend using a Open Port Checker. If you use our Network Utilities tool, it includes a free Open Port Checker. Our Open Port Checker is the only one online that has Guaranteed Results.
Wait, there's more...
If you are still having trouble with port forwarding, use our Port Forwarding Software. It is and easy and fast way to get your port forwarded.
We have more than just port forwarding guides here at portforward.com Take a look at our full selection of guides here.
Are you interested in router guides? At setuprouter.com we have guides on how to login, setup your wifi, change your DNS settings, reset, and much more. Go ahead and check it out.