Cities: VR includes the following styles of gameplay.
- The management style can be either resource management such as wood and ore, or player management such as a sports game.
- In a simulation game the primary goal is to simulate a real life situation either for education or entertainment. Simulation games have a huge vareity of types including sports, driving, flying, and dating. Some of the most popular sims of all time are SimCity and Madden NFL.
- VR games require a VR headset and usually some sort of hand-held input device.
How to Port Forward Cities: VR
Since Cities: VR is a single player game there should not be any need to forward ports for it. Generally speaking only multiplayer games need a port forwarded. Every once in a while some single player games need a port forwarded for things like: updates, downloading new content, and license activation. You can run our Port Finder application to see if Cities: VR is opening up any ports to know for sure. When you are done running Port Finder it will show you the incoming connection ports.
- Download our free software Port Forward Network Utilities and install it.
- When the install completes start Network Utilities and then find the Port Finder button.
- Be sure to follow the instructions closely because finding game ports can be challenging.
- The Port Finder will upload port information to us and we'll add it to the site after looking at it.
How Port Finder Works
This is a brief rundown of all the things that Port Finder will do:
- Look at which ports Cities: VR has open in "listen" mode. These are the required ports that need to be forwarded for Cities: VR.
- Wait for you to attempt to do something multiplayer, which might open up additional ports.
- Package up the incoming connection ports in a neat little package and send it to our server for sharing.
Our servers will collect all of the incoming ports that need to be forwarded used by multiple users and intelligently combine them into a single list of ports required. This will become the list that we recommend everyone forwards in their router.
As soon as we locate the required ports that need to be forwarded for Cities: VR we will list them on this page.