Creating a Port Forward in Your Router for Citizens of Space
Citizens of Space offers the following genres of gameplay.
- In a 2D style game the graphics are usually more flat and do not have a 3D appearance. Some 2D games will have flat graphics with a 3D appearance to them but they are still considered 2D games.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
How to Port Forward Citizens of Space
When you are playing Citizens of Space you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Use our Network Utilities for a quick way to get your ports forwarded. Network utilities makes it easy to enable and disable your port forwards to keep your network security as tight as possible. You can also do it by hand by following these steps.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Citizens of Space
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for Citizens of Space are as follows:
Citizens of Space - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Citizens of Space - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Citizens of Space - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Citizens of Space - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Citizens of Space simply follow one of these links:
- Citizens of Space - Playstation 4
- Citizens of Space - Steam
- Citizens of Space - Switch
- Citizens of Space - Xbox One
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.