Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 includes the following styles of play.
- In a real time strategy game multiple players are fighting for control of a battlefield, usually in a top down view. RTS games can also be in a 3rd person or isometric viewpoint. They tend to involve time and resource management as well as troop and building construction.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
Forward Ports for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
When you are playing Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to click the links to get to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Our Network Utilities software makes port forwarding a breeze. You can be done in just a few minutes.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 are as follows:
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - PC
- TCP: 3783,4321,6660-6669,28900,29900-29901
- UDP: 6515,6500,13139,27900
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
We have guides that are custom tailored for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 that will show you the incoming ports that need to be forwarded.
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - PC
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Xbox 360
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Playstation 3
That's all it takes to forward your ports. Have more games that need a boost? Check out our growing list of games and applications.