The ports that need to be forwarded for ConnectWise Control are listed here:
ConnectWise Control - PC
- TCP: 8040-8041
Set Up a Port Forward for ConnectWise Control
When you use ConnectWise Control you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to ConnectWise Control.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your computer.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for ConnectWise Control
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put your computer's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for ConnectWise Control in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for ConnectWise Control:
List of Routers - Customized for ConnectWise Control
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for ConnectWise Control.