How to Port Forward Counter-Strike - Global Offensive
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has the following styles of gameplay.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- Hack-and-slash style games heavily emphasize combat. They generally involve slaying lots of waves of creatures.
How to Port Forward Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
When you are playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive are as follows:
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - PC
- TCP: 27014-27050
- UDP: 3487,4379-4380,27000-27030
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
We have guides that are custom tailored for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive that will show you the necessary ports.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - PC
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Xbox 360
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Playstation 3
When you are done following those steps your ports will be open. Do you need more games or programs forwarded? Check out our games and programs list.