Create a Port Forward for Dead Cells in your Router
Dead Cells includes the following styles of play.
- A 2D game features flat graphics and are usually either side view or top down view. Side view 2D games are sometimes also called "platform" style games because they main objective is to travel from one platform to another.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- Platform games, also known as platformers, have the player jumping from platform to platform, sometime performing some sort of acrobatic stunt. Common examples include Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
How to Port Forward Dead Cells
When you are playing Dead Cells you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Use our Network Utilities for a quick way to get your ports forwarded. Network utilities makes it easy to enable and disable your port forwards to keep your network security as tight as possible. You can also do it by hand by following these steps.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Dead Cells Require
The incoming connection ports for Dead Cells are as follows:
Dead Cells - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Dead Cells yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Dead Cells - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Dead Cells - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Dead Cells - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Dead Cells - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Dead Cells simply follow one of these links:
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.