Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for Digi-Watcher:
Digi-Watcher - PC
- TCP: 5003
- UDP: 5003
Set Up a Port Forward for Digi-Watcher
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use Digi-Watcher. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to Digi-Watcher.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Forwarding a Port for Digi-Watcher
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Digi-Watcher in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Digi-Watcher:
List of Routers - Customized for Digi-Watcher
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for Digi-Watcher.