The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for DMW Scanner are:
DMW Scanner - PC
- TCP: 25120, 25123
- UDP: 25120, 25123
Forwarding Ports for DMW Scanner
When you use DMW Scanner you may need to forward ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to DMW Scanner.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for DMW Scanner
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The way to forward a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put your computer's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for DMW Scanner in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for DMW Scanner:
List of Routers - Customized for DMW Scanner
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for DMW Scanner.