The ports that need to be forwarded for Dota 2 Server are listed here:
Dota 2 Server - PC
- TCP: 27015
- UDP: 27015
Forwarding Ports for Dota 2 Server
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use Dota 2 Server. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to Dota 2 Server.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for Dota 2 Server
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Dota 2 Server in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Dota 2 Server:
List of Routers - Customized for Dota 2 Server
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Dota 2 Server.