Port Forwarding on Your Router for Dungeon Defenders: Awakened
Dungeon Defenders: Awakened offers the following styles of gameplay.
- Real time strategy games do not have turns, but instead have both players competing at the same time. They typically involve a mostly top down view and involve troop and building creation as well as resource management such as mining and logging. Popular examples are Warcraft and StarCraft.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- In a strategy game the player is required to use skillful thinking and a strong focus on planning ahead in order to achieve victory over their opponent. They can be either single player against bots or multiplayer against other players. They come in both turn-based and real-time versions, the former allowing each player a chance to complete their turn, the latter having a continuous running clock without stopping. Resource management and exploration are common themes in strategy games.
- In a role playing game, or RPG, the player takes on the role of the main character and helps the story line to unfold. It usually involves a very long play time, inventory management, and a deep leveling system. RPG's are usually the longest style of game. Skyrim and Fallout are amongst the most popular RPG style games.
Port Forward Dungeon Defenders: Awakened
When you are playing Dungeon Defenders: Awakened you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Dungeon Defenders: Awakened Require
The exact ports for Dungeon Defenders: Awakened are as follows:
Dungeon Defenders: Awakened - Steam
- TCP: 6500,7777,7787,10000-12000,20000-25000,27015-27030,27036-27037,51640-51650
- UDP: 4380,6500,7778,7787,10000-12000,20000-25000,27000-27031,27036,51640-51650
Dungeon Defenders: Awakened - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900-29901,29920,51640-51650
- UDP: 1-65535
Dungeon Defenders: Awakened - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480,51640-51650
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,51640-51650
Dungeon Defenders: Awakened - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074,51640-51650
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500,51640-51650
We have guides that are custom tailored for Dungeon Defenders: Awakened that will show you the incoming connection ports.
- Dungeon Defenders: Awakened - Steam
- Dungeon Defenders: Awakened - Switch
- Dungeon Defenders: Awakened - Playstation 4
- Dungeon Defenders: Awakened - Xbox One
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.