Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for an Edimax IC-7010PTn:
Edimax IC-7010PTn - PC
- TCP: 80
Set Up a Port Forward for an Edimax IC-7010PTn
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use an Edimax IC-7010PTn. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to an Edimax IC-7010PTn.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your camera.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Forwarding a Port for an Edimax IC-7010PTn
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your camera's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for an Edimax IC-7010PTn in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for an Edimax IC-7010PTn:
List of Routers - Customized for Edimax IC-7010PTn
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for an Edimax IC-7010PTn.