Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for eDonkey2000:
eDonkey2000 - PC
- TCP: User configured
- UDP: User configured
Set Up a Port Forward for eDonkey2000
When you use eDonkey2000 you may need to forward ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to eDonkey2000.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your download client's internal IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for eDonkey2000
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your download client's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for eDonkey2000 in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for eDonkey2000:
List of Routers - Customized for eDonkey2000
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for eDonkey2000.