The ports that need to be forwarded for eGizmo are listed here:
eGizmo - PC
- TCP: 3014
Set Up a Port Forward for eGizmo
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use eGizmo. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to eGizmo.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Forwarding a Port for eGizmo
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your computer's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for eGizmo in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for eGizmo:
List of Routers - Customized for eGizmo
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for eGizmo.