The ports that need to be forwarded for Epic Games Launcher are listed here:
Epic Games Launcher - PC
- TCP: 433, 3478-3479, 5060, 5062, 5222, 6250, 12000-65000
- UDP: 3478-3479, 5060, 5062, 6250, 12000-65000
Setting Up a Port Forward for Epic Games Launcher
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use Epic Games Launcher. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to Epic Games Launcher.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Forward Ports for Epic Games Launcher
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Epic Games Launcher in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Epic Games Launcher:
List of Routers - Customized for Epic Games Launcher
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for Epic Games Launcher.