Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for EvoCam:
EvoCam - PC
- TCP: 8080
- UDP: 8080
Setting Up a Port Forward for EvoCam
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use EvoCam. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to EvoCam.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your computer's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for EvoCam
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for EvoCam in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for EvoCam:
List of Routers - Customized for EvoCam
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for EvoCam.