If you have having problems with Fallout 76 not being able to connect, dropping your connection, or severe lag, then you need to setup a port forward in your router.
By setting up a port forward in your router you tell the router to pass all incoming traffic straight to your device running Fallout 76. It doesn't matter if you are playing on PC, Xbox, or Playstation... a port forward can help.
How To Forward Ports
Use our Network Utilities for a quick way to get your ports forwarded. Network utilities makes it easy to enable and disable your port forwards to keep your network security as tight as possible. You can also do it by hand by following these steps.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Fallout 76 Require
The ports that need to be forwarded for Fallout 76 are as follows:
Fallout 76 - PC
- UDP: 3000-3010
Fallout 76 - Steam
- TCP: 27015, 27036
- UDP: 3000-3010, 27015, 27031-27036
Fallout 76 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 3478-3480
- UDP: 3000-3010, 3074, 3478-3479
Fallout 76 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3000-3010, 3074, 3544, 4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Fallout 76 that will show you the specific ports.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.