The ports that need to be forwarded for FileMaker Pro 12 are listed here:
FileMaker Pro 12 - PC
- TCP: 5003
- UDP: 5003
Set Up a Port Forward for FileMaker Pro 12
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use FileMaker Pro 12. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to FileMaker Pro 12.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Forward Ports for FileMaker Pro 12
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for FileMaker Pro 12 in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for FileMaker Pro 12:
List of Routers - Customized for FileMaker Pro 12
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for FileMaker Pro 12.