The ports that need to be forwarded for FileMaker Pro 7 are listed here:
FileMaker Pro 7 - PC
- TCP: 5003
- UDP: 5003
Set Up a Port Forward for FileMaker Pro 7
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use FileMaker Pro 7. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to FileMaker Pro 7.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The IP address of your computer.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Setting Up a Port Forward for FileMaker Pro 7
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put the IP address of your computer in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for FileMaker Pro 7 in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for FileMaker Pro 7:
List of Routers - Customized for FileMaker Pro 7
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for FileMaker Pro 7.