The following ports need to be forwarded for FileMaker Pro Advanced 10:
FileMaker Pro Advanced 10 - PC
- TCP: 5003
- UDP: 5003
Forwarding Ports for FileMaker Pro Advanced 10
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use FileMaker Pro Advanced 10. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to FileMaker Pro Advanced 10.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The IP address of your computer.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for FileMaker Pro Advanced 10
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for FileMaker Pro Advanced 10 in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for FileMaker Pro Advanced 10:
List of Routers - Customized for FileMaker Pro Advanced 10
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for FileMaker Pro Advanced 10.