The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for FileMaker Pro Advanced 5 are:
FileMaker Pro Advanced 5 - PC
- TCP: 5003
- UDP: 5003
Setting Up a Port Forward for FileMaker Pro Advanced 5
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use FileMaker Pro Advanced 5. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to FileMaker Pro Advanced 5.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of your computer.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Forwarding a Port for FileMaker Pro Advanced 5
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for FileMaker Pro Advanced 5 in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for FileMaker Pro Advanced 5:
List of Routers - Customized for FileMaker Pro Advanced 5
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for FileMaker Pro Advanced 5.