The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for FileMaker Pro Advanced 6 are:
FileMaker Pro Advanced 6 - PC
- TCP: 5003
- UDP: 5003
Forward Ports for FileMaker Pro Advanced 6
When you use FileMaker Pro Advanced 6 you might need to forward some ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to FileMaker Pro Advanced 6.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for FileMaker Pro Advanced 6
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for FileMaker Pro Advanced 6 in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for FileMaker Pro Advanced 6:
List of Routers - Customized for FileMaker Pro Advanced 6
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for FileMaker Pro Advanced 6.