The following ports need to be forwarded for FileMaker Pro Advanced 8:
FileMaker Pro Advanced 8 - PC
- TCP: 5003
- UDP: 5003
Forward Ports for FileMaker Pro Advanced 8
When you use FileMaker Pro Advanced 8 you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to FileMaker Pro Advanced 8.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Forward Ports for FileMaker Pro Advanced 8
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your computer's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for FileMaker Pro Advanced 8 in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for FileMaker Pro Advanced 8:
List of Routers - Customized for FileMaker Pro Advanced 8
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for FileMaker Pro Advanced 8.