The following ports need to be forwarded for FileMaker Server 2:
FileMaker Server 2 - PC
- TCP: 5003
- UDP: 5003
Forwarding Ports for FileMaker Server 2
When you use FileMaker Server 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to FileMaker Server 2.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your computer.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for FileMaker Server 2
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The way to forward a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for FileMaker Server 2 in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for FileMaker Server 2:
List of Routers - Customized for FileMaker Server 2
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for FileMaker Server 2.