The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for FileMaker Server Advanced 10 are:
FileMaker Server Advanced 10 - PC
- TCP: 5003
- UDP: 5003
Forwarding Ports for FileMaker Server Advanced 10
When you use FileMaker Server Advanced 10 you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to FileMaker Server Advanced 10.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Setting Up a Port Forward for FileMaker Server Advanced 10
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for FileMaker Server Advanced 10 in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for FileMaker Server Advanced 10:
List of Routers - Customized for FileMaker Server Advanced 10
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for FileMaker Server Advanced 10.