The following ports need to be forwarded for FileMaker Server Advanced 11:
FileMaker Server Advanced 11 - PC
- TCP: 5003
- UDP: 5003
Forward Ports for FileMaker Server Advanced 11
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use FileMaker Server Advanced 11. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to FileMaker Server Advanced 11.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for FileMaker Server Advanced 11
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put the IP address of your computer in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for FileMaker Server Advanced 11 in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for FileMaker Server Advanced 11:
List of Routers - Customized for FileMaker Server Advanced 11
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for FileMaker Server Advanced 11.