Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for FileMaker Server Advanced 2:
FileMaker Server Advanced 2 - PC
- TCP: 5003
- UDP: 5003
Set Up a Port Forward for FileMaker Server Advanced 2
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use FileMaker Server Advanced 2. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to FileMaker Server Advanced 2.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The IP address of your computer.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Setting Up a Port Forward for FileMaker Server Advanced 2
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The way to forward a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for FileMaker Server Advanced 2 in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for FileMaker Server Advanced 2:
List of Routers - Customized for FileMaker Server Advanced 2
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for FileMaker Server Advanced 2.