The following ports need to be forwarded for FileMaker Server Advanced 5:
FileMaker Server Advanced 5 - PC
- TCP: 5003
- UDP: 5003
Set Up a Port Forward for FileMaker Server Advanced 5
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use FileMaker Server Advanced 5. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to FileMaker Server Advanced 5.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Forwarding a Port for FileMaker Server Advanced 5
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put the IP address of your computer in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for FileMaker Server Advanced 5 in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for FileMaker Server Advanced 5:
List of Routers - Customized for FileMaker Server Advanced 5
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for FileMaker Server Advanced 5.