The following ports need to be forwarded for FileMaker Server Advanced 6:
FileMaker Server Advanced 6 - PC
- TCP: 5003
- UDP: 5003
Forward Ports for FileMaker Server Advanced 6
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use FileMaker Server Advanced 6. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to FileMaker Server Advanced 6.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Setting Up a Port Forward for FileMaker Server Advanced 6
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for FileMaker Server Advanced 6 in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for FileMaker Server Advanced 6:
List of Routers - Customized for FileMaker Server Advanced 6
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for FileMaker Server Advanced 6.