The ports that need to be forwarded for FileMaker Server Advanced are listed here:
FileMaker Server Advanced - PC
- TCP: 5003
- UDP: 5003
Forward Ports for FileMaker Server Advanced
When you use FileMaker Server Advanced you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to FileMaker Server Advanced.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Forward Ports for FileMaker Server Advanced
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for FileMaker Server Advanced in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for FileMaker Server Advanced:
List of Routers - Customized for FileMaker Server Advanced
That's all it takes to forward your ports for FileMaker Server Advanced.