The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Filetopia are:
Filetopia - PC
- TCP: 8495
- UDP: 8495
Forwarding Ports for Filetopia
When you use Filetopia you might need to forward some ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to Filetopia.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your download client.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for Filetopia
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your download client's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for Filetopia in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Filetopia:
List of Routers - Customized for Filetopia
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for Filetopia.