Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for Free Download Manager:
Free Download Manager - PC
- TCP: 1500-1600
Forwarding Ports for Free Download Manager
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use Free Download Manager. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to Free Download Manager.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your download client.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Forward Ports for Free Download Manager
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your download client's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Free Download Manager in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Free Download Manager:
List of Routers - Customized for Free Download Manager
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for Free Download Manager.